Re: Trading & trade goods

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:31:06 +0200

> Does anyone have any good suggestions for this sort of thing? What it
> is, and special circumstances whereby it can be obtained. I'm
> thinking of items that might have a magical/mythic aspect, but not
> necessarily giving a character extra abilities or suchlike, and which
> would be traded in bulk.

Gerald Bosh's "Trade in Genertela" article is great, but Loren's website is long gone -- does anyone know if it's hosted somewhere else now?

I've got a small list of uz products at
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gerakkag/goods.html, and there's some additional uz possibilities in
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gerakkag/fifty.html. Plus you can add freakish voralan stuff. Plus there's all the weird non-human stuff from mostali (Greatway), Aldryami (Redwood Forest) and Dragonewts.

Just about anything mundane can be useful in mythic terms, though, as long as you make the right myth IYG. For example, say, some kinds of (non-magical) wool might still have great ritual significance, and be better for certain rituals than wool from another area, another sheep breed, harvested a different way, etc.