Re: Humakti Again

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:15:31 -0000

Maybe this is just me, but how can you even think about Humakti without a ton of emotional baggage? Maybe I'm in a minority but even in RQ days I considered them largely unplayable because of the obvious/intuitive (i.e. not detailed in the rules) limitations of following a strict and gloomy god of death. It would be a little bit like trying to play Elric....makes for great stories but very hard to play in a mixed group who don't want to always have you in the centre of things. For that matter, a little like playing a paladin in D&D, unless the GM is willing to build the campaign around it, it just doesn't really work. I figured the geas/gift thing was there as candy so that some people would be tempted into building campaigns around Death.

*shrug*

I guess a lot of other view them differently.....but I still don't get how you can play a Humakti withoug a yicky feeling!

--Bryan