Re: Re: Greg's Comments

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:01:58 -0700

> > I have to disagree here.
> > Eurmali are the BIGGEST cause of troubles and woe.
> > Eurmal did uncover death and set it loose upon the world.
>
> True, but without deathwe would be trapped in an endless Great
> Darkness, where there is no seperation between the land of the
> living and the land of the dead, with hideous fiends like Uz
> roaming free. Nice one, Eurmal.

Without death we would still be living in a Golden age, and the Uz would still be underground where they belong. Chaos would not have found a foothold in the world. Because Eurmal found Death, the world went to hell in a handbasket.

 > Eurmali, even when bonded, may not physically cause damage but they
> can set
> > things in motion so that everybody else smashes, kills and
> destroys. And
> > that does not only include the Uroxi and Humakti but about everyone
> else as
> > well.
>
> Yet in most cases, the ill effects that the Eurmali sets in motion
> are actualy propelled and magnified by the greed, jealousy, etc
> of everyone else. We are always responsible for our actions, and
> must take a care about what assumptions and vices we allow ourselves
> to fall prey to. Having Trickster around reminds us of this. With
> his harmless pranks and self-defeating tricks, he allows us to
> laugh at ourselves as well as him. Yes he's dangerous, but so is
> a sword, and we need those too. He's one of us, and part of us,
> and it's important that we come to terms with him even if he is
> a *_at_#&$$ pain in the arse, or untill he becomes so insufferable
> that we decide to kill him anyway.

Trickster is an important force in the world (nothing would happen without him), but not *all* change is good, and not all "pranks" are "harmless".

Simon, you're starting to sound like an aopologist for the little s**t, or even worse, a Eurmal-lover :-).

RR