Re: Re: Humakti as War Leaders

From: Pete McAveney <mcaveney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:14:22 GMT

> ... morbid suicidal psychopathic death-worshipping Dr.
>Kevorian types. Remember, Greg specifically compared them to
>serial killers. Obviously, our Glorantha varies, and viva la
>differance! :-)
>
> Morgan

Most serial killers don't rave - they strive to appear normal although they don't succeed - and neither does Dr. Kevorkian, who comes across in interviews as a very normal person. Serial killers are sociopaths, not psychopaths, a distinction which seems important in this context.

The cult probably provides an outlet for people like this, re-integrating them into society in a safe way. It reminds me of my weird high school friend who joined the marines "because I want to kill people."

I have to join the ranks of those asking, "why is this a revelation?" Most PC's in conventional monster-bashing campaigns act like this, so every Humakti character I've ever seen played already matches Greg's description.

I'd propose Colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse Now as a model Humakti war leader.

(My apologies for adding to the discussion I just finished clearing out of my in-box.)

Pete McAveney