Re: RE: Heroforming

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 12:52:47 -0400

"Lemens, Chris" wrote:

> So I read all of the stuff that Jeff pointed me to in the various sources.
> I understand the concepts and the rules. How does one play a Heroformed
> character. Does the character's persona remain unchanged? Does the hero
> dominate the person? Is it a matter of who wins a contest? Are the
> multiple contests similar to the Elric's?
>
> Chris Lemens

Remember, Heroforming is essentially a feat. It lasts for 'a scene' and after that you are back to being your self (And I awoke on the cold grey hillside). Look at the identity challenges between Morden and "Big Man" Your personna is (of course) changed as you are now that hero/godling. Your/His motives shouldn't change as you've hopefully invoked your Hero for a purpose he'd agree with. It never pays to summon a god to do something he doesn't want to. Its even worse if you summon that thing into yourself.

Similar to the Elrics?! Huh? Not sure I follow that.

The Hero can take over, yes. Look at the results. The more successful, the more the hero is subsumed into the Hero's identity. You're pouring a very powerful entity into your brain, afterall....

... somefolks never recover. I'd hate to think what a complete failure might bring. Its dangerous, like all powerful magics.

Jeff