RE: Heroforming

From: Lemens, Chris <CLemens_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:31:40 -0400

>Remember, Heroforming is essentially a feat.

I was actually thinking about the animist variety, called Incarnation IIRC. I'm not sure how much difference there is.

>It lasts for 'a scene' and after that you are back to being your self.

True also for the animist variety?

>Similar to the Elrics?! Huh? Not sure I follow that.

If Elric wanted to kill something, he could invoke Stormbringer, but them lost control over the subsequent course of events and end up killing a whole lot more than he meant to. How does the narrator get the godling to take charge in rules terms? Assume that Elric wants to re-sheath Stormbringer. That's not a very Stormbringerish thing to do, so does Stormbringer have the ability to take over Elric (yes in the book, now what about the rules)? Does any mythically significant deviation between what the player wants to do and what the god would do initiate an identity challenge? If so, and the player loses, does the godling take control? I did not see that in the possible results (but perhaps I missed it and I don't have the book here). Perhaps this only happens in the animist variety, causing a possession?

Chris Lemens