RE: More humakti stuff

From: MCGINNESS, Stephen <mcginnesss_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:41:46 +0100

There are so many differing views of Humakt, doesn't that simply mean that the cult in the rules should be more diverse, more like Orlanth??

I had a player who wanted a crippled warrior. He rationalised that Death had touched him but not taken him. We came up with a sub-cult of Humakt for warriors who accepted Death's touch (kept the disability) but focussed on the benefit they might still provide to the clan. Essentially we thought that there was an essence of Harmony in this. We called the sub-cult Harroimakt and had affinities of Death, Combat and Harmony.

Essentially the character plays more of an indirect supportive role in the group rather than an upfront Humakti. I like the nuance of this. Perhaps the various different Humaktis that people are decribing could reflect the presence of various sub-cults....