Re: Cragspider

From: Jamie <orlanth.umathi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:02:20 -0000

> ... Depends on who's riding whom ...
> Jeff

This may be a little controversial and I stress this is only my personal view of Glorantha, but it has served me very well for over ten years ...

The question of identity is flawed when talking of Cragspider. To become Cragspider a heroquest was performed to the great spider spirit. (Aracne Solara)

If you heroquest for knowledge of Arachne Solara you might find yourself heroquesting to yourself.

All beings are part of the Great Compromise and by living within time recreate the web.

It all gets very self referential.

Arachne Solara is not the creator she is the spinner of the web.

The web is a grand axis mundi and the spider is at its centre to place yourself in the centre is to become Arachne Solara.

All individuals stand in their own web. Their own perceptions of the world including time.

When you heroquest you take these perceptions (your web) with you and create paths on the hero plane based on these perceptions. (They don't exist on the heroplane of themselves.)

To go to the heroplane and act as The Spider is a little like becoming a russian doll.

I'm sorry if this is unclear or vague but this type of subject requires a long discussion with copious quantities of beer.