Re: Zorak Zoran and Urox

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:38:14 -0000

The common points are that both have beserk anti-chaos warriors and both can be worshipped "correctly" (whatever that means" by Theists and animists (Urox/Stormbull because he is Defiant, and Zorak Zoran because he is an Underworld God)

Urox is the Desert Wind. Zorak Zoran contols the Hell Roar - Is this a "wind-related" phenomenon at all?

I think that a Heroband with Uroxi and Zorani may be more common than mythology linking the two dieties - If the "Guardian being"/Wyter of the Hero Band is primarily Anti-Chaos then it may accept any followers prepared to follow it/carry it against these most fearsome of foes. Furthermore, If it's blessing is related to beserk-type fury then followers who already use such styles are more likely to follow it than more reasoned types.

Personally, I wonder if Zorak Zoran has more in common with Urain than Urox (violence for the sake of violence).

--

Q. Where does a beserk, fire-starting, demon-summoning, zombie-
creating, Chaos-devouring Zorak Zorani put his Troll Maul?

A. Anywhere he wants!