Selling Gloranthacon to non-gamers (was: Gloranthacon Re: Lonsisaga)

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:46:17 -0000

The Colony Hotel has a nice bar with a dozen beers on tap. There's a few other places within walking distance (we are downtown) including the Wolf & Frikin which has about 30 beer on tap and a large selection of bottled (heck, they even carry some ciders).

Local Beers? Creemore Springs (if you can find it), Anything by Rickards, Upper Canada lager is something I quite like.

We managed to keep our microbrewery tradition alive up here - we didn't have a long period of prohibition to throw them out of business.

Hope this helps! As Mel and others have said, there's a lot to do downtown. And we managed to get the Convention room-rate for Wednesday and Thursday nights - if you want to play tourist for a few days before the convention.

Jeff