Re: Humakti are psychopathic killers?

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:34:42 -0000

Personally I think the problem is that people are reading *far* too much into the word psychopath. The whole concept would probably seem laughable and hopelessly soft to your average Heortling weaponthane - the sort of nonsense that a Chalana Arroy healer would come out with and everyone would just shake their heads in bewilderment.

To the Heortlings life is hard, killing is often necessary and violence is always an option. A culture like that has little use for defining someone unconcerned by killing as having a serious medical condition in need of treatment. Medically the term may be correct but the whole cultural baggage we (as members of a society that no longer trains its young men to butcher their enemies face to face with a shapened lump of metal) bring to it is wholly inappropriate. IMO.

--
Nic