Thorin bows long and low (and sings about gold) C02 thx

From: Matthew <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:26:54 +0100

I know that, strictly speaking, this is OT but I don't care about that, really.

A massive thank you to all the organizers, referees, players, guests and other convulsers at Leicester this year. We had an excellent time at Leicester this year - very surprising considering how it could have gone (and didn't). The prospect of Convulsion stopping had previously cast a very sad shadow over expectations but due to the great atmosphere created by people's willing and enthusiastic spirit, I had definitely one of the best (if not *the* best) convulsion experiences.

Many thanks go to all the others I convulsed directly with; especially Nick and the rest of us playing Tarsh War - for a very enjoyable, unexpected and original outworking! Many thanks also go to Newt Newport for an excellent Uz game, which we turned into a minor hero quest, for being prepared to let the story run so differently to what you were prepared for! (I think we may have set a new con record for the 'highest herowars skill used by an individual in a serious roleplay' - 19W6!!) To Jarec, Paul and Stuart for running a very interesting LARP ('Cold Descent') that had all the claustrophobic aspects of certain X-Files episodes (without the spooky bits) and a nicely complex plot. Thanks for inviting us to play at the last moment, I'm glad we did! Also, thanks for your patience under fire (you know who I mean ;)

It was great to see everybody again, I hope that many more of us will go to Fabian's Tentacles convention in Bacharach from now on... it's a truly excellent con with buckets of atmosphere, many friendly welcoming people, good games, guests and beer! The cost is not much different to go to Leicester you know!

Thanks also go to Alex, Daniel, Dave 'man', Jarec, Martin, Paul, Russ, David Scott and Stuart for adding their own particular brand of camaraderie, enhancing my experience significantly.

See you (all) in Bacharach because, money permitting, I shall be going as often as it's run now.

Thanks again

Matthew 'Chew' Cole