Re: Merchant's Valley

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:53:46 -0000

Antonio wrote:
> I don't know anything about Merchant's Valley in Dragon Pass. Could
> you help me?

Merchant's Valley, also know as Trader's Valley, or the Wideway is one of the five passes that cross the Dragonspine mountains (see UW2 for more on this). It is the broadest and easiest to travel, but caravans area at risk both from chaos erupting from the Hollow and raiders from the Wintertop and the Bush Range or the Stinking Forest.

> What kind of people live there? Tarshite settlers?
Settlement here would be very dangerous due to the proximity to the Hollow. It is also forbidden by the Dwarf.

>What is Too Far? a fort? a town? is the valley part of the kingdom
of Tarsh?
A shabby little stop on the main trade route between Tarsh and Aldachur. Better than sleeping out in the open here, but perhaps only just.

Its both beyond the glowline and the present Tarshite border (though Tarsh has in the past ruled all of human settled Dragon Pass - the first king of the Quivini was Yarandros not Sartar).

This is the kind of question we answer in the forthcoming Sartar Atlas, along with many stories about these places.