Re: Initiation

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:14:23 -0000

> This would be my take on the matter as well. Everyone who has a
soul
> (good point, Peter) would undergo this initiation. I think that
those
> who had spirits would do this as well - but they would see things
> differently. It establishes one as a part of the community. Those
who
> do not undergo it are never considered adults.

The soul/spirit is a good point, for a start does anyone KNOW which you have before communal initiation? Now we know that virtually no HQs take place on the Gods' Plane, Animists and Theists can mix freely, but GETTING THERE is still a problem...

"Here, young Fred's gone catatonic since we reached Orlanth's hall!" "Ah, must be an Animist then..."

...maybe this is why Shamans are usually a bit weird :-)

Wulf