RE: Why He Hates Lunars

From: Matthew <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 05:41:35 +0100

;O
Peter wrote:

Their message is the recognition of Cosmic Unity, not the destruction of diversity (which is why the Borg and God Learner parallels are inappropriate IMO).

Mmmmmmm peace.... (add several beers and try and focus on my screen)

We are the Lunars. Your ways, as fragments of original Cosmic Unity, have led you from the true path; you have been deceiving yourselves with misguided worship of the gods. Embrace the Lunar Way, we will add your religious and cultural distinctiveness to our own; we offer you everything that you had before (without the necessity to fight our, I mean, *any* invading armies).... resistance is futile!

Alternatively.....

FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Old woman!
DENNIS OF TARSH: Man!
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Man, sorry. What lord lives in that, ah, castle over there?
DENNIS OF TARSH: I'm thirty seven.
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: What?
DENNIS OF TARSH: I'm thirty seven -- I'm not old! FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Well, I can't just call you `Man'. DENNIS OF TARSH: Well, you could say Dennis. FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Well, I didn't know you were called Dennis. DENNIS OF TARSH: Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you? FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: I did say sorry about the `old woman,' but from behind you looked--
DENNIS OF TARSH: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an
inferior!
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Well, I *am* a noble... DENNIS OF TARSH: Oh noble, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! If there's ever going to be any progress-- WOMAN: Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh -- how d'you do?
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: How do you do, good lady. I am Flavius the Clear, Nobleman of the Lunars. Whose castle is that? WOMAN: Nobleman of the who?
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: The Lunars.
WOMAN: Who are the Lunars?
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Well, we are a friendly neighbouring nation here to enlighten you all and free you from misguided ways. WOMAN: Our ways aren't misguided, we were an autonomous collective and I'd say that we're 'enlightened' already; well we do burn muck at night to keep warm...
DENNIS OF TARSH: Sounds like one of those Invader Deities(tm) to me. Free us from our beliefs eh? Oppress our right to free thought more like --

WOMAN:		  Oh there you go, bringing free thinking into it again.
DENNIS OF TARSH:	  That's what it's all about if only people
would--
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?
WOMAN: No one lives there.
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Then who is your lord? WOMAN: We don't have a lord.
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: What?
DENNIS OF TARSH: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We believe that only the working class can change society from the present system of chaos and inequality to a society based on cooperation, mutual aid and equality.
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Er, yes....
DENNIS OF TARSH: We believe the only way to achieve this revolutionary change is through the formation of an independent workers organisation, the 'Anarcho-Syndicalist Society'-- FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Yes, I see.
DENNIS OF TARSH: --within industry and the community, in federation with others in the same industries and localities-- FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Be quiet!
DENNIS OF TARSH: --independent of and opposed to all political parties and bureaucracies.--
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: (getting quite flustered) Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is? FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: I will be your king! WOMAN: Well, I shan't vote for you. FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: You don't vote for kings. WOMAN: Well, 'ow will you get to be one then? FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: The Lady of the Lune came to me in a vision, [unseen angels sing] her virginal beauty filling my very being, shone her divine light upon me signifying by Divine Providence that I, Flavius the Clear, was to rule the heathen, er, socio-politically divided masses of the barbarian lands. [singing stops] That is why I am to be your king! DENNIS OF TARSH: Listen -- strange empyrean women, whatever their level of sexual experience or personal attractiveness, bestowing supreme control from afar is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical moonlit ceremony.
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Be quiet!
DENNIS OF TARSH: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some dubiously untouched tart eyed you up! FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Shut up!
DENNIS OF TARSH: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was a thane just because some bint, of unconfirmed pucelage, winked at me in a suggestive manner while I was half asleep, they'd put me away! FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Shut up! Will you shut up! (irrationally shoving the man)
DENNIS OF TARSH: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Shut up!
DENNIS OF TARSH: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed! FLAVIUS THE CLEAR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS OF TARSH: Oh, what a give away. Did you hear that, did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it didn't you? Bloody Lunars!