RE: Digest Number 120

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:18:25 +1100

> The effect on the Empire was catastrophic. Many of the best Lunar citizens
> died, leaving a power vaccuum that was filled by those less than pleased with
> the Glorious rule of Argenteus. When he dissapears in 1628, the Empire is
> ripe for civil war.
>
> If it hadn't been for this event, Sartar might well have freed itself, but
> for a year at best. The full power of the Empire would have crushed Sartar,
> as it had before. Sartar effectively warred with Tarsh and a few Imperial
> troops for the next few years after the Dragon Event, until 1638.

Yow, I didn't realise it was so full on...the Dragon eating the proto-Temple has to be one of the most under-described events in Glorantha. I'd heard stories about it years ago (1986), but in the last 6 months more and more has been actually written about it that gives the event scope and detail. Everytime I read about it it gets bigger and better and more impressive...

Harry.