Re: Tusk Riders

From: pgrawe <pgrawe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 01:46:29 -0000

> Actually, personally I don't really need the cult itself, just Tusk
> Riders & Tuskers. Admittedly, for anyone who knows Mononoke, some
of
> the Bloody Tusk Feats do seem rather fitting for the opening
scene...
> Unhealable Wound & Assume Monstrous Aspect anyone?

I reckon you're right. The only time I've used Tusk Riders was when the PCs hired Mercanaries to get them into Dorastor. Tusk Riders were the cheapest they could find who'd go along with their scheme.

I must I played them not entirely seriously. Essentially it was an exercise in seeing how awful and abominable NPCs could get and how the prissy Lunar PCs would react.

One thing the write-up did have was the idea that they bind spirits and magics into body parts of their victims (don't remember the exact details). Imagine this Tusk Rider going around with a human hand tied to his belt, which he uses to cast Chalana Arroy's sleep on his enemies. It was a nice way of illustrating that there was perhaps more to these guys than the PCs realised. Especially when one of them said "I thought only Chalana Arroy had sleep?"

Harry.