Adventure seeds Re: Digest Number 121

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:45:28 -0400

> I'm interested from the point of view of a narrator with a Vingan
> godtalker. One of my scenario lines involves a runaway from another clan
> who wants to become a Vingan initiate. (I hypothesized that being a
> godtalker of Vinga makes the PC clan the local Vingan centre of worship).
>
> Nevertheless I think the 'How my character got this way' idea is a good one
> if you have the time to fit extra sessions for backstory (I think this was
> Bruce Ferrie's plan).
>
> On a related topic, for my start-up Sartarite campaign I threw in a few
> character-specific storylines to get the ball rolling. The players seemed
> to enjoy these and so they may end up dominating the action for a while
> (Chasing Kites should come up soon).
>
> The best session (IMO and according to player feedback) yet combined the
> Vingan runaway story-line with an Odaylan rescue mission and mini-hero
> quest (all in one four hour session).
>
> Thom
>
> BTW does anyone have any good Fire Season scenario ideas (I've thought of a
> raid, but depending on the outcome of the clan moot that might not happen
> this year).

Ah, those lazy, crazy days of Fire Season....

Cattle Raiding.
Tribal moots. Legal Actions.
Sheep Stealing.
An outbreak of disease.
Drought
Those Damned Black Oaks Raiding Again.
A trip to town to get things.
Visiting Relatives.
Lunar Missionaries coming to town.
A plague of talking animals (this can be highly irritating). One of the meadows develops a dryad and she's not happy with being grazed.
Hunting something special -- brass deer or blue boars or iron bears frex.
The Mouse Problem.
Trollkin stealing what little food we have left before harvest. Oh, and visiting another clan to see about getting married.

All very mundane, I know but that's just off teh top of my head.

Jeff