Re: Old Wind Temple

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:57:17 -0000

Jon wrote:
> I've been searching high and low for some detail on the Old Wind
Temple in the Storm Mountains - but to no avail.

This is exactly the kind of information we will be providing in the Sartar Atlas.

> Can anyone help me out here? Is it an actual temple or a mythical
place only reachable by hero quest?

To paraphrase some of the information there: It is an actual temple, but it is a magical structure made from the raging storm. When you get close you can feel it and hear it, but not see it (just like the wind). The only way in is a set of magical doors controlled by the inhabitants. Inside live the Stormwalkers, priests and warriors who have retired from the mundane world. The inside is part of the God's Realm. So far the Stormwalkers remain distant from and aloof to worldly afairs outside the temple...

> How do the Dundealos -who seem to at least border it - relate to
it?
No more Dundealos - their survivors are scattered to the wind. The Enstalos (sp) or monkey tribe are the Lunarized remnant and immigrants nearby. They may try well to restrict access from outside to the Temple. What does your story need?

> What happens to it during the Lunar invasion - do they close it
and guard it? Or assualt it like the Hill of Orlanth Victorious. There is no record of any assault in the Lunar invasion... however the Hero Wars are upon us and Orlanth is Dead and other supplements will dicuss the fate of the Old Wind Temple and many other places in Sartar.

> If none of the above what happpens to it during the chaining of
Orlanth?
As it is now out - GTA members should have a press release if my inbox is anything to go by - I can really only say get Orlanth is Dead to answer this question - if only not to spoil events for others' games.