Re: New Pelorian

From: theunspokenword <mark_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:05:51 -0000

I think here I'd want to re-state what Martin Laurie said: "It is this deeper knowledge, this understanding of the power and meaning of the words, character linkages and runic associations that can lead to illumination and insight."

There are two issues here - as Peter suggests, simply knowing and perhaps beginning to think NP might lead to a degree of *Lunarisation* (in the sense that it leaves the speaker open to a greater awareness of the Lunar Way and the fact that they are not all chaos-worshipping, tax-extorting monsters).

But this is not the same as *illumination* in the sense of some fundamental mystical insight into the nature of the cosmos - NP could potentially help unlock this door, but only if someone immersed themselves in its study, the philosophy behind it - in other words, a scholar or philosopher's deep learning, rather than a layman's command of enough NP to chat up a pretty girl or schmooze past a suspicious patrol.

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti