Re: Digest Number 962

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:33:08 -0000

True but the really _good_ slingers seemed to come from places like the Baleric Islands and Crete and similar places (which only seem to have rocks and fish?)

But you're right - the sling is often nicknamed as the "shepherd's bow." I was just pointing out that the sling was widely used in earthly cultures _similar_ to the Orlanthi. I think that chucking javelins and using slings is probably well in character for them. Bows...? Self bows and the like, sure. I just don't see them having massive numbers of ubernifty composite recurve (etc. etc. etc. add your prejudice) bows. But that's just my wapentake on the matter.

Jeff