Re: Another Elmal question

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:40:32 -0400

> > Yes. Point being? I said light was more noticable than heat, not
> > that heat was non-existant.
> >

> A question - does Glorantha operate on a 'get higher, air gets thinner, you
> get colder' basis (like RW)? Surely the higher up the mountain you go- the
> closer you get to the sun's fiery orb-the hotter it is? (a la Greek(?) myth)
>
> Don't know how you'd explain snow on the tops of mountains
>
> mike

To some extent, yes. The higher you get, the harder it is to live. The Solarians say that it is because you are impure. Ther's a rather charming fable about that in Anaxial's Record talking about Vrimak and Avarina (SP!)

Snow? The mountains go to the middle air and are chillled by Oranth's Breath! Valind and his children still are there. Plenty of reasons. Just look to any medieval text looking for reasons for snow on mountains if you want a Western view.

Hope this helps,

Jeff