Re: Shrines and Temples

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:29:17 -0000

> As far as I understand things it the the myth itself that is of
> importance here rather than the jumping off point.

I thought so too, but...

> Also am I right in thinking that in theory it is possible to go
from
> one part of the god plane to another in a similar, but much more
> dangerous, way as travelling the mundane world. So that if you know
> the myth you can travel to the starting point of the myth from
> anywhere in the god plane - as long as you know the way.

But if so, why are there myths that can ONLY be learned at special places (like, specifically, some Eurmali feats, and others in RQ writeups, which may or may not still be valid)? Are these exceptions, where the place IS significant? If not, and it's just a matter of keeping secrets, it must be a damn well-kept secret, or EVERYONE would be learning the best feats in their own temples, instead of trailing around the world after them. Couldn't you just retell the myth and so let everyone into the secret? OK, I can see religeous reasons for keeping these secrets, keeping the places sacred & significant, but it does seem odd.

And I thought that all Heortling Orlanthi travel to the God Plane started with a flight to Kero Fin - therefore, everyone starts from the same place...

> Or is this all complete gibberish?

If it is, I agree with it... no guarantee there ;-)

Wulf