Re: Orlanth is Dead! question

From: Peter Larsen <peterl_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:01:42 -0500

At 3:37 PM +0000 8/23/02, jeffkyer wrote:
>> Spoilers below.

>> Orlanth is Dead! states on pg. 43 that after the 18th of Dark Season
>> 1621 "No magic works if it comes Orlanth, Ernalda or their
>subcults."
>> What about shared subcults being worshipped through another deity?
>> For example, can a worshiper or Heler Helamakt still use his Combat
>> affinity?
>>
>> Mark Mohrfield
>
>No. He has 'initiate of orlanth' on his character sheet. That being
>said, I'd say that's a time to switch cults, at least for the
>duration.

        Wheee! If this thread goes on for very long, we'll all have carpal tunnel syndrome from scrolling....

        Anyway, my understanding is that an initiate of Heler Helamakt would be unaffected by the situation. A worshipper of Orlanth Thunderous Helamakt could potentially convert to Heler worship for the duration (although at a fairly substantial loss of ability, since some of the affinities would be lost).

Peter Larsen