Re: Re: Ernalda the Leader/Lawspeaker

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:51:55 -0400

David Dunham wrote:

> Charles
>
> > I noticed that the Heortling Lawspeaker occupation keyword does not
> > include Ernalda the Leader as one of the magic keywords (it does
> > include Orlanth Rex and Lankor Mhy). To me anyway, it would seem
> > correct that Ernalda the Leader would be an ideal Lawspeaker.
>
> You're probably thinking of mediation, not coming up with relevant
> precedents to support your chieftain's viewpoint.

The Lawspeaker is one who either adjudicates disputes or advises chieftains and the like. of course, in our modern society the lawspeakers have become the leaders. Ernalda the Leader (EtheL) would be a chieftain or god-talker or ring member in their own right.

The Orlanthi womenfolk seem to practical and level headded for such sillynesses as Lawspeakers. They make sure what needs to be done gets done -- often with disasterous consequences.

Jeff