Re: Re: Legacy of Pavis: A Review

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 19:15:16 +0100

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:23:08 +0200, Stefan wrote:

>I have to admit that part of my [minor] disappointment concerning MoP
>was that I those days a really longed for a written example on how a
>HW-adventure could/should look like.
>I agree [again], it NEVER says so, but with the new and strange rule books in my hands,
>MoP arrived badly timed [for me].
>I wanted it do something for me that it couldn't.
>
>so I guess it's my problem,
>but if I'd go to review it today I
>would do so as a HW-supplement,
>for this is the prevailing Gloranthan
>game system.

It's not just your problem - I had very much the same reaction to the various xoP books. I've found them very hard to read, mainly because they're so far from the HW model.

The fact that even when Hero Wars stats are presented they haven't been in 'proper' HW manner has also been a niggle - characters with several different close combat ratings and the like.

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac