Animist numbers

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:00:31 -0000

Following on from my rules list Animism questions, here's a cultural one. Where do all the little Kolati come from? More specifically, how many Animists would be in a clan of, say, 600 (on average, I guess some clans would have none at all)? And how many Spirit Talkers would be needed to fulfill their magical needs (actually, it's more likely one Spirit Talker serves a few clans, but still)?

I was wondering this specifically, as the only two Traditions available to awaken fetches are Kolat, male only, and, without some changes to my mental image, not the picture of a devoted husband and father, and Sedrosa, open only to females of a certain age (assuming it follows the Asrelia way), who might have brought up a family before joining, but being Misapplied Worshippers are none too productive on spirits. So, it looks like Heortling Animists usually don't have a family Spirit Talker, because Spirit Talkers don't leave decendants (barring Sedrosans before they become Sedrosans...).

Wulf