Re: Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:02:29 +0100

> > >Human sacrifice without the rites of Ana Gor is an act of Chaos,
> > An Orlanthi belief, nothing more.
>
>An Orlanthi belief, but if a heortling, for strange reasons,
>sacrifices to Orlanth, IMO this is a chaotic act.

I don't agree - sacrificing humans to Orlanth would be done by invoking Ana Gor. To the heortlings, Ana Gor is present at all 'proper' human sacrifice, and certainly at any human sacrifice to a mainstream god.

>God of torture is listed in the Prosopopedia as a
>chaotic god, but I suppose there are a lot of torture in a lot of non-
>chaotic societies. If my heortlings PC's try to torture a prisioner
>�is this chaotic?

Torture is only chaotic if done outside of normal society bounds. So, the chief orders/allows you to torture the lunar prisoners for information, that is okay. You torture a person kidnapped from another clan for fun, that is chaotic.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson