Re: Re: Animist numbers

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:04:44 +1200

Wulf Corbrett:

> > I do not believe that initiates to the Earth Witch have to be
> > "finished with family life" before they can worship Sedrosa. For
> > a start, only Ty Kora Tek initiates had to be past the age of 50
> > and there is nothing for Asrelia (save for a exorbitant wealth
> > requirement that's inappropriate for the Earth Witch).

>Hmm... I was working from the writeup on Trotsky's page, which I
>think says 'over40' or 'post-menopausal', maybe I'm mistaken (or he
>is), but I had thought it applied.

I'm not going to diss Trotsky's writeup (as I haven't seen it), but details of a specific cult writeup is hardly going to be universally true for all manifestations of that cult's Goddess. In Caladraland for example, Asrelia is worshipped as the lush wife of the Volcano God (cf Glorantha: Intro p134) and their children is the thick jungle. Are her worshippers there still going to be over40 or post-menopausal? I don't think so.

--Peter Metcalfe