Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:44:21 -0000

Peter asks: "Why is it not needed?"

I thought my first post was pretty clear, but here goes. Imagine that you are a Heortling adult male.

  1. You have personally MET your god. He says chaos is bad.
  2. Society also constantly teaches that chaos is bad.
  3. Rape is known by all to be chaotic, and it might even turn you into a freaking broo!
  4. You are in an extremely close knit clan. Nowhere to run. Your clan cheiftain will be happy to purge the clan of chaos.
  5. Uroxi with big axes would be very happy to kill a potentially chaotic rapist.

My conclusion - not much rape, and, when there is, who needs Vinga to take special steps to prevent it? Let the clan or Uroxi handle it.

Now, maybe all this talk of close kinship, equality of the sexes and and anti-chaos dogma is just BS, and Vinga really is needed.