Re: >Subject: Re: Animist numbers

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:38:23 +0100

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:01:57 -0400, "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>One thing that's been said -- you are called by a god. But if you;re
>called by something else, then what do you do?

This leads to another problem I have with Heortling Animists. Everyone is agreed that the gods and spirits call to their potential worshippers, the worshippers don't go shopping for a profitable god/spirit (barring player characters, of course...). So why has Asrelia chosen to disguise herself as Sedrosa the spirit, and mislead her worshippers into Animistic worship? I thought the point about misapplied worship was that people KNEW she was out there, but were stuck with an inefficient method of reaching her, the worshippers seeking out the spirit.

Wulf