Shielings

From: themalum <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 17:12:15 -0000

I've a question for the list. I'm considering a scenario for my players which takes place among the shielings of the clan. I wanted something where the characters would feel isolated, yet would be there with their families, and I could think of nothing better than the summer pastures, since I presume they must be located some distance away from the steads. However, I could find no indication of just how far the shielings are from the steads, other than the description of the tula as being fifteen miles by twenty-five. Any ideas?

Roland