Re: Enlo fertility

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 22:57:53 +1200

At 12:44 PM 9/7/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
> As I was munching on one of my food-enlo the other day, I
> realized that
>I've never paid much attention to them before. My mum won't tell me
>where they come from, so I wonder;

>Are they fertile?

Yes. They bred true but most of their births are stillborn (AR p168).

>There is also some indication (I may be reading this wrong)
>that the difference between darktroll and enlo may not be entirely
>clear, and that sometimes it's a judgment call (are there single enlo
>births, what about twins, triplets?) by the midwife or mother.

That only applies in the case of twin births. Previously twin births were known to the Dark Trolls but now such births are considered Trollkin. Such a classification may account for the phenomenon of Superior Trollkin.

--Peter Metcalfe