Re: Thunder rebels

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:38:35 -0000

> Check the announcements on the Glorantha site for details but a
synopsis
> is below:

Peter pointed it out, and now it is clear.

> There was just TOO much information available and too much of it was
> apparently too good to lie on the cutting room floor.

Well IMHO Sartar is the area that needed to see this kind of development in the history of Glorantha so I'm happy. I guess there will be cost complaints from some who will point to the cost of running a Sartar based campaign, but then you can't please everyone.

> All those folks who were annoyed that various matters were touched
on
> too briefly should be happy. And since the info is in hand, I
think it
> won't be bulking up the production queue too much.

Well we've waited this long :-) I think putting all the Sartar books in the pipeline together so people have all they need to start running a game is a real good idea. It would also be good not to have too long a wait time between the componenets, but you should be able to get started with the first one.

Wonder if it will completely invalidate some of the things on Orlanthi culture we've been discussing on the digest ;-)

> And hey, it looks like we finally get info on Ducks and Torkani and
> other wierdnesses. I hope that the Animist questions that have been
> arising might get soem resolution there too. =)

And the Kitori, who I've always been curious about.

I'm happy with this. I'd rather see the info come out than be lost in some 'unpublished' manuscript.

Ian