Scenario hint

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:52:08 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday I started my tenth or so game at KODP (maybe when I will be old and internated I will succeed and marry the FHQ...).

In my campaign I have no heortling clans, actually, but I think that a good scenario could be built on this hint: a focal, but not fundamental, point of the Clan's past is recalled wrongly (how? maybe an Eurmali changed an archive or convinced a loremaster that he was wrong some generations ago or confused an ancestor).
Usually it doesn't matter, because the wrong focal passage is linked with unusual events (for example it relates to meeting Aldryami when the clan lives a hundred miles from them) BUT this unusualliness (sp?), due to the hero wars, changes. Confronted with an unusual situation, the clan uses his (messed up) historical memory to justly react. And the results are disastrous or merely very embarassing.

A lot of time, effort and empirical searches are needed to understand why, blame the trickster (and his descendants; maybe now they are respected thanes, very formal-looking, and obstinately refuse to contact their ancestor to know the truth, provided someone can estorce it from a dead trickster) and restore the correct mythical relationship with the offended elder race.

Alternatively the clan could decide to settle with the new course and by heroquesting change its actual past...

comments?

Ciao,
Gian

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines