RE: Travels of Biturian Varosh question

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:59:14 +0100

Hi, Morgan:

"Cults of Prax" has a half-page appendix in the back headed "Slave Bracelets, etc.", remember? That's where it's from. See: http://www.glorantha.com/library/world/cop-biturian.html#footnote2 for a more complete version of this (which has still been slightly edited to remove RQ rules mechanics, *not* to change the bits about slavery in Dragon Pass etc.).

> I sure hope this isn't some new "discovery" by Greg.

Certainly not "new" (CoP: 1979). The idea has a pleasantly Buddhist feel to it, IMO.

Or, rather: it feels like Buddhist philosophy abused by sophisticated, cynical Roman degenerates... which is to say, it's all very "Lunar".

Cheers, Nick