Re: Re: Lunars and Slavery

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:31:56 +0100

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:19:50 -0000, "morganconrad" <morganconrad_at_...> wrote:

>Nick's argument that you must be bound before you are free starts to
>make some sense. Does this mean that a good, highly religious Lunar
>would voluntarily enslave themself in order to better reach an
>understanding of the Goddess? That could be an intersting
>scenario...

A good, highly religious Lunar is ALREADY enslaved - to his god. He will be freed when he proves his worth - when he reaches some level of devotion or worthiness I personally don't care about, so long as it's not achieved during play...

 Note that it is a modern mindset to believe that the enslaved WANTS to be released from his slavery, or that a slaver MUST be cruel and oppressive. Free men starve when slaves are fed.

Wulf