Re: Re[2]: How Nasty Is A Trickster?

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

> GS> As nasty as he can be and get away with it.
>
> so it comes to a point where the trickster will have
> to ponder what
> his victims are allowed/expected to do to him if he
> reveals their
> secret.
> if they are not allowed to kill him, he gladly will
> do so, otherwise
> he will stick to minor nuisances...(?)

I don't think it is so easy to kill a Trickster: they are used to feign death and similar things IMG. Also they are masters of illusion and elusion. Usually, moreover, they are protected by a powerful thane (because there _is_ a reason they are still around :-))

> >>what 'counter-measures' are legal for HIM to
> prevent the uncoverage?
>
> GS> What the heck is a Eurmali doing there anyway?
> How come he hasn't been
> GS> lynched yet?
> GS> The usual behavior for Tricksters is to betray,
> and the usual behavior of
> GS> ALL NORMAL HEORTLINGS is to hang them before
> they cause trouble.
>
> the trickster in my story in bond to the chieftain.
> because of this I didn't expect the clanpeople to
> hang him at first
> sight.
> on the other hand, of course I could have missed
> something about the
> role of trickster. I checked Storm Tribe, though.

I add that, for their master, Trickter are fairly precious "properties": difficult to replace (in KODG when your Eurmali dies you don't get flocks of new initiates). So they should be jealously defended most of the time, like a noisy and stinky big dog, award-winning in canine contests, in RW.

Gian

New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo! http://sbc.yahoo.com