Re: Thunder rebels

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:53:01 +0100

> From: "Ian Cooper" <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
>Well IMHO Sartar is the area that needed to see this kind of
>development in the history of Glorantha so I'm happy. I guess there
>will be cost complaints from some who will point to the cost of
>running a Sartar based campaign, but then you can't please everyone.

I'm not complaining. I think that (in the long run) this is the better option. For a start there will be less need for new narrators to search out expensive OOP material. For older gloranthophiles I suspect cost is not (such) a big issue, though I feel for anyone running a campaign on a tight budget (I'd hope players would contribute under those circumstances - it happened a lot in my student days).

>Well we've waited this long :-) I think putting all the Sartar books
>in the pipeline together so people have all they need to start
>running a game is a real good idea. It would also be good not to
>have too long a wait time between the componenets, but you should be
>able to get started with the first one.
>
>Wonder if it will completely invalidate some of the things on
>Orlanthi culture we've been discussing on the digest ;-)

I hope not! If it does then MGWV!

>> And hey, it looks like we finally get info on Ducks and Torkani and
>> other wierdnesses. I hope that the Animist questions that have been
>> arising might get soem resolution there too. =)
>
>And the Kitori, who I've always been curious about.
>
>I'm happy with this. I'd rather see the info come out than be lost
>in some 'unpublished' manuscript.

Yes. If the material would otherwise cut I'd rather see it published. Also, I suspect Sartar material will sell better than the Lunars or the West, so that income stream may protect some of those projects. (Here's hoping).

Thom