Orlanth and the Moon

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:48:45 -0700 (PDT)

I hope this question is not too esoteric for this list, anyway let me know.

I reasoned: the Red Moon (risen in 1247) is not the first moon in Glorantha ever.

Eons ago (in the Gods war or in the Golden or in the Earth age) there was another moon or possibly many more. Lets call them collectively Old Moon.

Does Orlanth (or Umath, for what it's worth) engaged the Old Moon in a known way?
I mean, there is any mythical precedent that we are still not aware of (and maybe all the heortlings are not aware of) that incidentally explain why Orlanth was so _personally_ opposed to Castle Blue Apotheosis of the Shepelkirt.

Yes she is chaos, she is consorted with the Evil Emperor, she is a competitor in Middle Air, she wants to bind the winds.
But is there (my answer is yes, by insight and not by know lore) a reason why *personally* Orlanth hates Sedenya?

Ciao,
Gian

New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo! http://sbc.yahoo.com