Re: Re: Get that book...

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:47:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Would this depend on how, exactly, the Lunars killed
> Orlanth? (Which
> I don't think OiD ever really explains).
> Sound reasonable?

Yes, Stephen. Thanks for your insight.

IMG, Orlanth is Dead because when Broyan is defeated and forced to abandon Whitewall, the Last Free King is dethroned, so Orlanth as King of the Storm Tribe is dethroned.
The Lunars didn't actually perform a true Heroquest/Ceremony: they beheaded Heortling society in the Middle World and so they Severed its link with the Otherworld (as much as the Crusaders claimed the Saracens did when they conquered Jerusalem).

As below, so above (is my Gloranthan Motto)

My two cents,
Gian

Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos & More http://faith.yahoo.com