Re: Pegasi

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:11:26 +0200

HeroWars 00-09-27 15.42

>If you decide to do an other-side HQ, you'll be travelling into
>the Period Before Time. In that time, your horse, being an offspring
>of the original Hippogriff, will not have gone through the events where
>the wings, claws and fangs were lost. Your horse's (an offspring
>of Hippogriff) true being is not without any trace of them, they were
>merely removed from him before his birth. Thus, when entering the
>Period Before Time, and approaching the situation where the loss
>took place, your horse will assume the form horses had then - that
>of the Hippogriff.

Hummm... well, possibly, but only if your horse believes in that particular myth about its origin. ;-) Which is Dara Happan, I presume.

A more likely solution IMG would be to give the horse a miss completely: go back to the Godtime, tame a hippogriff, make sure it doesn't lose the wings, and bring it back with you. Of course, then there's no real reason to let it lose _anything_, simply end the quest before any of that nasty stuff happens.

Now that I think about it, that whole myth is suspect anyway. IIRC it stipulates that there are no more hippogriffs in historical times, something AR disproves. OTOH distribution does _not_ include Peloria, interestingly enough. So a case could be made for it being a very local myth, and perhaps an example of Solar stubborness. "Nope. No more hippogriffs. They don't exist." "But I saw one in Ralios last year..." "That Hazia habit really isn't good for you, you know."

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg