Re: Lunar Scimitars (was Re: Lunar pics)

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:48:48 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2002-10-28-1850.

Mark Galeotti wrote:
> It may also be worth noting that, as will be clear in the spiffing
> art for ILH-1, the Lunar scimitar is more like a sabre (long,
> straight for the 'bottom' half to two-thirds and gently curving at
> the end) rather than a weapon out of the Arabian Nights.

I have drawn over twenty-five different scimitars or curved swords at the moment and still haven't started onto the straight swords yet. Some I have scanned in, cleaned up and sent in to the contest. I have done many different types from Falchions, Falcatas, sabers, Talwar sabers, cutlasses, Shirs-sayas, katanas, kopis and khukri. I think that the empire being so large that different types of swords, especially curved swords would abound.

All in my humble opinion of course

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS.

darransims_at_...
darren.sims_at_...v.uk

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"