Re: Divine Companion

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:47:55 -0800

> it is stated that the companion usually houses in an animal or
> weapon/tool. is it possible to have a divine companion in the own
> body? I think about an Eurmali with his companion in his penis.

*Anything* is possible here in the Hero Wars. The Cosmos is breaking down, old laws don't apply, and we have to go through Chaos to get back to some sort of order.

Of course your Eurmali can have a Divine penis! Not the phrase of the rule: "...Divine Companions must inhabit a material body in the Inner World. (a penis counts!) This is usually an item or animal significent to the god..." (yep, Pocket Weasel counts)

When there is a word like "usually" or "normally" in the rules, it means that most people in Glorantha follow this rule as written, but special individuals (and PCs are special Individuals kinda by definition) can choose to "ignore" it. So the Daimon must have a physical body, but it need not be detached from the user's body.

But even the hard and fast "rules" of Glorantha (Beings from the Otherworlds must have a material Body in the Inner World. You can't jump directly from one Otherworld to another) will be tested in the Hero Wars. If you're lucky, your characters will find the workaround that makes a mockery of the "Rules", If you're not lucky, your opponent will be the one to do it...

Part of being a Gloranthan capital-H Hero is breaking a rule or three. Meekly following your plow won't make you into a farming Hero, bargaining for wheat and peas won't make you a merchant Hero, and fighting broos and bandits won't make you a Fighting hero. You've got to stretch yourself, take on the imposible and beat it, make your own rules when the world won't bend to your will. *Then* you will be a Hero.

RR