Re: Yinkini, marriage, and adultery

From: Mark Rowe <mark.rowe4_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:19:52 -0000

up the yinkiny ( borin )

  I'm assuming that at least some Yinkini enter "normal" marriages   (i.e. more than the 9 day alynx marriage). Maybe this is a bad   assumption?

  If it is true, do the Yinkini get some leeway on the usually very   strict adultery rules of Orlanthi society? I'd assume that they   can't go around bedding anyone at any time, but I'm wondering about   slightly more ceremonial "duties," some associated with holy day   events, some more along the lines of when a devotee of Yinkin first   meets a priestess of (any of Yinkin's lovers) he/she may have ritual   obligations to at least formally woo them, or something to that   effect (if not quite a formal ritual obligation, a more   general "behave like your god" obligation).

  In other words, while a wandering Yinkini may sometimes get a cool   reception in many clans, is one who is married "safer" to have around?

  --Bryan

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor