Yinkini et al

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:23:10 -0000

My take on this would be that, while those drawn to Yinkin, and other Storm Tribe cults, must have shown some affinity for that path in their behaviour, they do not need to possess all the god's charecteristics. But IMO individuality pushes through, it is after all what the disciple strives against, his own individuality, that prevents him from being his god. As such, IMHO, that the greater the commitment to the god, the greater the worshipper tries to suppress their individuality in favor of behaving like the god did. So whilst some Yinkini might behave 'like a cat' others may have an attitude towards life that is cat-like and still others might idolize the 'life-of-the-cat' as expressed by Yinkin but not necessarily live it out apart from at sacred ceremonies where the worshipper permits their cathood the chance to emerge.

This debate usually rears its head in the form of Humakti, and I believe that the same comment applies - Humakt provides a system of belief each individual engages with that in their own way and to their own capacity for religious experience.

That said if somebody has fun playing somebody who tries to live as Yinkin, they should, there is much room for them as for the person who is only an alynx in holy ceremonies.