RE: Digest Number 1071

From: Jones, Chris (gedas) <"Jones,>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:44:11 -0000

> what would the minus augment be for shooting a bolt of lightning from
> a hand in side a horses mouth to exit from the colon and hit 5 pairs of
> soldiers stood down wind of the subject horse could anyone help as i
> could not work it out
	That's pretty crazy. Are you in earnest, buddy?
	If you are, the penalty to the ability would be -18 to -20.

I think that we are missing a core item from the calculation. Assuming that the laws regarding the constant conservation of energy even remotely apply within a Gloranthan frame then surely the energy released by the combustion of the gasses in the horses internal tracts, whilst not necessarily immediately killing the horse, (although I understand that 3rd degree internal burns are a bit of a bugger), would inevitably cause the horse to move forward thereby crushing the individual firing the lightning bolt through its mouth. This being the case the degree of modifiers becomes an irrelevance in anything but a last ditch suicide attack. Mind, the increased damage to the soldiers from a rapidly expanding lance of super heated horse fart may improve the overall effectiveness of the strike.

Fistivos

gedas united kingdom limited
Registered in England no. 1371338

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and it may be privileged.

It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.

If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material immediately.