Re: Diciple and a magic contest

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:30:22 -0800

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
> Ok, a guestion for for the brainy and inspired.
>
> Can this be done? Can a deciple of Humakt wield powers of the storm if
> they are gained in a heroquest challenge? I seem to recall that a
> deciple is very closely tied to his/her god, and doesn't recieve any
> magic from any other source.

I'd think in this one case, more than any other, he couldn't. That is, perhaps a disciple of Issaires could win storm powers in a quest challenge, and perhaps a Death Lord could win, say, fire or speech or jumping powers--but a Death Lord *couldn't* win *storm* powers, because a key fact of Humakt's bio is that he cut off his connection to his Storm kinsman.

It'd be like a Yelmalian disciple wielding fire powers, or a Zorak Zorani wielding cautious reflection powers--just too much against that god's grain.

Just MHO...

--AMS