Re: Disciple and a magic contest

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:23:06 -0000

[snip]

> He already can kill with a word and cutting at an enemy with his sword
> Ravenswing (at range, that is). This is not a person who could even
> contemplate losing his connection with Death (losing the secret), so I
> suppose any wind powers he'll get will be rather limited.
>
> (As far as I understand he mostly want's to be able to make long leaps
> carried on a gust of wind. For jumping over the enemy shieldwall and
> suchlikes. Getting directly at the general.)

So, instead of wind powers, he needs to quest for Appear Where Something has Died, Vault with Sword, Cut Away Distance or even Ride Thrown Knife.

Alternately, he could go try to beat some Hero World creature that has a very high "natural" jump/run/fly ability, like some daemon of Cliff Toads, a Jukhar, or a Certamus.

Of course, doing so might mean he comes back from the quest with really odd legs or perhaps with wings.

Mike
http://differentgames.onestop.net