Re: Handling Powerful Characters

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:31:26 +0000

Hmm. When I said somebody had told me the Digest was getting a little tame, I didn't intend people to take that as injunction to be garrulous (for one, I don't actually agree with the person who said it). But, still...

Chris Bell:

>To be sure; and if you don't want to be in this situation, ensuring
>> that you don't have super-heroic characters would be the easiest way
>> of doing so, no?
>
> Trotsky, if this is the case, then why call the game Hero Wars, instead of
>Normal Schmuck Wars?

Eh? I didn't name it, if that's what you're implying. Furthermore, it would appear to be the name of the conflict chosen as the official setting for the game (though there's no reason I can see why you couldn't run a campaign set during, say, the Second Age) and a conflict in which people of all levels will be embroiled. Thirdly, the game explicitly supports gaming at multiple levels, both low as well as high. And finally, 20w3 *is* pretty heroic in my book.

>I, for one, want to take my place besides Harrek and Jar-Eel!

Good for you (as I said earlier). I don't, and I can't really see why you appear to have such a problem with that.

>No one can make you do anything

Then nobody can make me run a game I'm not interested in, can they? Just because its called 'Hero Wars' doesn't mean that people should be ridiculed for playing it with lower level characters if that's what they enjoy.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic